Buying Microsoft Office; what is the difference between Office 2019 Standard vs Office 2019 Professional?
In het kort
What is Microsoft Office?
Microsoft Office is a suite of productivity software developed by the American software giant Microsoft, primarily for use in business environments. It includes applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Publisher Access and Skype for Business.
This allows users to create documents and presentations, manage emails, databases and spreadsheets, as well as communicate with colleagues in a secure environment. By leveraging the features of these apps, businesses can streamline their workflow processes and increase collaboration among teams.
Microsoft Office also offers cloud-based service plans that allow for access to files from anywhere with an internet connection. In this article, our highlight will be on Microsoft Office 2019 Standard vs Microsoft Office 2019 Professional.
What is the difference between Microsoft Office 2019 Standard vs Microsoft Office 2019 Professional?
The difference between Microsoft Office 2019 Standard and Microsoft Office 2019 Professional is the additional applications included in the Professional version. Microsoft Office 2019 Professional comes with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Access and Skype for Business.
In terms of features, there are some differences between the two different versions as well. For instance, the Professional version includes advanced security options such as encrypted file sharing and data loss prevention capabilities that are not available in the Standard version.
Additionally, the Professional version includes functionality such as new chart types for Excel and new design features for PowerPoint slideshows. Office Professional also has additional collaboration features including co-authoring in Word documents which allows multiple users to edit a document simultaneously from different locations.
The complete overview of Microsoft Office Standard vs Office Professional can be found below.
How to purchase Microsoft Office 2019 Standard or Microsoft Office 2019 Professional
To purchase Microsoft Office 2019 Standard or Microsoft Office 2019 Professional, you can visit the official Microsoft website. On the homepage, you will find a link to the store where you can browse through available products and services. When you are ready to make a purchase, you will be asked to select either the Standard or Professional version of Office 2019. After selecting your desired version, simply follow the prompts to complete your purchase.
Between Microsoft Office 2019 Standard or Microsoft Office 2019 Professional is there a free version?
No, there is no free version of either Microsoft Office 2019 Standard or Professional. Microsoft Office 2019 Office suite must be purchased in order to access its features. The cost of either Standard or Professional will depend on where you purchase it and whether or not you are entitled to a discount.
While Microsoft 365 (the subscription-based version of Office) used to offer a free trial period, this only lasts 30 days and could not be renewed indefinitely; after that period ends, users will have to purchase a subscription plan in order to continue using the software.
What can Microsoft Office 2019 Standard or Microsoft Office 2019 Professional applications be used for?
Microsoft Office 2019 Standard or Professional comes with applications such as, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Access, OneNote and Skype for Business.
- Word: Allows you to quickly and easily create, edit and share files with others in a complete word processing program.
- Excel: This spreadsheet application lets you get started quickly with your budget, to-do list, or financial analysis. You can use Excel’s modern templates to easily analyze your data.
- PowerPoint: Quickly and easily create, edit, view and share presentations from anywhere. With this graphical presentation program, you can leave a lasting impression by creating powerful presentations.
- OneNote: Your digital notepad where the flexible canvas can be used to organize your thoughts by topic. For example, tags can be used, but items can also be labeled or important things can be marked. So you can organize everything in one place, wherever you are.
- Outlook: Access all your email accounts, calendars and files from one inbox. Easily switch between all your emails making managing your busy days even easier.
- Publisher: A handy app for creating attractive and professional publications without spending a lot of time. So you can easily create things like greeting cards, yearbooks or professional email newsletters.
- Skype for Business: Simple and effective communication with your employees in one application via chat, video conferencing or by telephone. A practical communication solution for your entire organization.
- Access: Easily create your own database apps in a format that’s right for your business. It is a tool where you can easily create business applications in a short time.
Do you need a license to use Microsoft Office 2019 Standard or Microsoft Office 2019 Professional?
Yes, by purchasing any of the above versions, you require a license for it to use within your organization. The license allows for one user on one device access where you can easily use all solutions for your business mail, preparing quotes and invoices, giving presentations to your customers or for keeping track of your administration.
The prices for purchasing these licenses can be high. You can also consider buying second-hand Microsoft licenses. It is important that organizations get a grip on their current software license, while looking at the possibilities for optimization. In this way, considerable savings can be made on the IT budget. You want to know more about how second hand license can still give you the required output whiles relieving you financial, contact our license expects now!
How much does Microsoft Office cost?
Microsoft Office Standard or Professional cost depends on the edition purchased. Both versions offer advanced features such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and much more. Microsoft Office Standard includes basic features like word processing, spreadsheet and presentation tools whereas the Professional version includes additional collaborations tools like Skype for Business, OneNote and Exchange Server.
The cost of Office Standard varies depending on whether you buy a one-time license or opt for a subscription plan. The one-time license will usually be cheaper than opting for a subscription plan which also offers more flexibility in terms of usage and upgrades.
Is Microsoft Office 2019 Standard and Professional available either On-Premises or Cloud?
- On-Premises: Office 2019 Standard and Professional are both available as On-Premises versions. This means they can be installed on a local server or desktop. Both versions of Office 2019 come with the traditional Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other applications that have been used in previous editions. However, the Professional version includes additional features such as Access and Publisher which are not included in the Standard edition. Additionally, both versions provide the same level of security for user data and access.
- Cloud: Office 2019 Standard and Professional are not available on the cloud. Microsoft Office 2019 is a one-time purchase that comes with classic versions of Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for PC or Mac, and does not include any of the services that come with an Office 365 subscription which is cloud based. Additionally, Office 2019 does not receive automatic feature updates, so any new features and security updates released by Microsoft must be manually downloaded and installed.
Are there options to purchase cheap licenses for your organization’s use of either versions of Microsoft Office 2019?
There are several options when concluding a Microsoft contract. For example, you can purchase new Microsoft 2021 and downgrade to Microsoft Office 2019 Standard and Office 2019 Professional license from Microsoft resellers.
Another option will be to go in for second-hand Office 2019 or 2021 licenses which will equally give you value just like a new license but save you cost. Microsoft resellers often charge the top price for these licenses, determining which licenses you need for your organization.
Nowadays, much more is possible when setting up your IT infrastructure. Our team of license experts at Q-Advise can assist you to purchase second-hand licenses and you get to save up to 70% on your software costs. Too good to be true you said? Well, this is very possible as it’s one of our niche in the market. Q-Advise’s independent licensing experts will be happy to show you how this is possible. Reach out now!
Between Microsoft Office 2019 Standard or Microsoft Office 2019 Professional which should your Business use?
Microsoft Office 2019 Professional comes with an advanced application option compared to Office 2019 Standard. Hence a one-time purchase is an option to consider if you want to use all the options of Microsoft Office, but do not want to be tied to a subscription.
You benefit from the one-off purchase of classic Office applications. A one-off purchase of classic Office applications is the purchase of traditional desktop programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint without having to worry about paying for an ongoing or renewal subscription or paying for updates.
Are you looking for Microsoft Office licenses for business use? You probably have a budget to purchase a new license but do you know second-hand license saving substantially will come as good news to your management team.
At Q-Advise you can benefit from 100% independent software advice. This then allows you to take advantage of Microsoft products, tailored to your own environment and organizational ambitions.
Starting the process now to see how much a used Office 2019 license will cost now? Request advice or a quote. Contact us!